Mental Health Training – Delivered by Mental Health Charter CiC
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training for SMEs, Scaleups and Startups
At DiSRUPT we take Mental Health seriously. That is why we have partnered with the incredible Mental Health Charter who can provide mental health training and consultancy support that is bespoke, and that is delivered in the language and tone that is right for your business.
If you are looking to support the mental health and wellbeing of your employees then DiSRUPT and Mental Health Charter are here to help.
Creating a workplace where your employees feel supported, understood, and valued is highly important to every organisation. A workplace where mental health is prioritised and where your employees are equipped with the tools and knowledge to manage their own mental health and support their colleagues.
That's where DiSRUPT comes in with exclusive prices for the Mental Health Charter - Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training course which teaches people how to identify, understand and help someone who may be experiencing a mental health issue.
What is Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)?
MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially stop a crisis from happening.
You’ll learn to recognise warning signs of mental ill health and develop the skills and confidence to approach and support someone while keeping yourself safe. You’ll also learn how to empower someone to access the support they might need for recovery or successful management of symptoms.
You can take huge steps as an employer to give the right support for your employees with Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training
Recruitment Solutions to compliment you.
Expert mental health first aid training via Mental Health Charter
What are the benefits of our Mental Health First Aid Training?
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Who are Mental Health Charter?
The Mental Health Charter is a social movement to change the way people think and act about mental health challenges. The charter started in 2020 and is growing year on year! We support leaders in work and in communities to deliver change and help people with lived experiences of mental health challenges to stamp out stigma through their own charter activities. But there is still more to be done to change attitudes and behaviour.
We support workplaces by:
- Encouraging them to make a public commitment by joining the Workplace Mental Health Charter, using our resources and supporting their workplace's Mental Health
- Working with them to develop robust action plans to help them turn their commitment into real change
- Empowering employee champions, with lived experience of mental health challenges, to stamp out stigma and encourage conversation educating as many as possible on where and when to seek help.
- Providing the tools to deliver lasting change through ongoing support, training and networking.
Understanding mental health & the factors that can affect wellbeing
What to expect and how it's delivered
Why choose Mental Health delivered by The Mental Health Charter?
This course can be delivered online or face to face. Learning takes place through four live training sessions, spread across two days, with self-learning activities in between (if online). See course structure section below for more detail.
Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Numbers are limited to 8 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
What you will get?
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
How do I get started?
Using the form below select as many of the support services that you would like to get more information about. Whether you are an EllisKnight/DiSRUPT client, a member of Includability or none of these we would love to hear from you.
More Tentacles to support you with.
Frequently asked questions?
Find out the what, how, when and why of being unapologetically different.
Need a custom fitting?
Not tickling your fancy? Need something bespoke? Call our sales team to talk about what you want for your business.
EllisKnight + Includability = DiSRUPT Recruitment
We created Includability to help change workplace culture one organisation at a time.
We have taken all the best bits of EllisKnight and Includability and put it in to our DiSRUPT Recruitment Solutions to create the perfect process to help businesses grow.
Includability is the standard for companies committed towards creating an inclusive and mentally healthy workplace culture.
It is truly the standard for inclusive workplaces