Are you a job seeker looking for a brilliant new career with a purpose-led business?
DiSRUPT Agency is a leading purpose led ethical and sustainable recruiter with nearly 10 years experience in the industry. We have the tips and advice to help candidates make a good impression, both on your CV and interview. If you are looking for a job with one of our outstanding employers, then there are some benefits that ought to help you secure that interview and get the job, provided you meet the qualifications.
We work with B Corps and purpose-led businesses and are committed to making the recruitment process better. Blind CVs, reasonable adjustments provided at interviews and offers of employment, and unconscious bias training for interviews are some examples of what employers can do to help your talent shine through.
It’s not just up to employers, there are things you can do too so that your talents shine when you engage with employers giving you the best chance of that dream job.
Ten top tips to give yourself the perfect platform to shine at interview and candidate selection
Below are some simple but effective points to help you:
- Tailor your CV and cover letter to the job: Make sure your CV and cover letter highlight the skills and experiences that align with the job you're applying for. Show the employer that you're a good fit for the role.
- Do your research: Learn as much as you can about the company and the job you're applying for. This will show the employer that you're genuinely interested in the role and that you've put in the effort to learn more about the company. B Corp companies love talking about their sustainability and other project credentials.
- Network: Use your personal and professional connections to get your foot in the door. Contact people who work at the company and ask for advice or introductions.Using LinkedIn can be helpful for this. Or look to see if there is a Digital Company Advocate (DCA) you can talk to.
- Show your enthusiasm: During the interview, make sure to show your excitement and enthusiasm for the job. This will make you stand out from other candidates and show the employer that you're genuinely interested in the role.
- Be prepared: Make sure to practice answering common interview questions and come prepared with examples of your skills and experiences. This will help you feel more confident and comfortable during the interview.
- Be yourself: It's important to be authentic and show your personality during the interview. This will help the employer see if you're a good fit for the company culture and also if you feel that the company is right for you.
- Ask thoughtful questions: Show the employer that you're genuinely interested in the role by asking thoughtful questions about the job and the company.
- Follow up: After the interview, make sure to send a thank-you note or email to the interviewer. This will help keep you top of mind and show that you're still interested in the role.
- Show your unique skills and experiences: Highlight your unique skills and accomplishments that make you stand out from other candidates. This will show the employer that you have something to offer that no one else can.
- Make the interview fun: Show your sense of humour, make the interviewer laugh, tell a memorable story that is relevant to the job. This will make you more relatable and memorable, and it will make the interviewer more comfortable and relaxed during the interview.
One last tip –if the company your applying for is a B Corp or a company with an ethical or sustainable philosophy, show off your knowledge of the movement by researching organisations like B Corp, Planet Mark, B1G1, Ecologi or the Better Business Act, companies love to discuss everything in and around B Corps and sustainable businesses.
What makes DiSRUPT the leading sustainable recruitment agency in the UK
DiSRUPT Agency is a sustainable recruitment company and the first recruitment company to Planet Mark and B Corp Certified in the World. We work with B Corps and Ethical businesses who are scaleups, SMEs or startups to help them grow through expert recruitment processes and a range of support services tailored for clients around D&I, Mental Health, Wellbeing, Sustainability and also how to become a B Corp.
How do I register for your job board?
Register with our Job Board today and join DiSRUPT. Our goal is to support our candidates through the process of finding employment with our ethical and sustainable recruitment services. Support includes options such as supported inductions and onboarding, regular access to recruitment experts and Mental Health First Aid Training. DiSRUPT Recruitment Agency might just find you your dream job opportunity.